There are Mobile Medical apps popping up all over. It is safe to say the medical industry is in a major mobile take over.
Both doctors and patients are finding that mobile apps can provide a fast and efficient way to stay in touch and exchange information.
- Doctors are incorporating them into their practices to be more effective and efficient.
- Patients are using them to monitor specific aspects of their health, fill in gaps in their medical care, and take more responsibility for their well-being.
The mobile health technology market–including devices, applications, and services–is expected to exceed $8 billion by 2018, according to research company GlobalData.
So it bears the question…
Should a private medical practice consider a Mobile APP?
To answer this question we need to understand four basic points:
- The mobile phone has become a personal item to many people. Some in fact never have it further than 5 feet from their person at anytime in a 24 hour period.
- 98% of all consumers now carry a smart mobile device and use it regularly.
- Doctors like any other profession must compete for their patients.
- Today’s insurance regulations, industry compliance have requirements for preventive medicine that can be easily resolved with a mobile app.
- HIPAA and CE have specific restrictions and requirements on promotions, advertisements and even patient care. A Mobile APP provides an answer to this concern. (See Hippa and Mobile Technology Article)
Understanding these needs and restrictions makes advertising and marketing really expensive and difficult. A mobile app for a medical office can help…
- Reduce marketing expense to near zero.
- Increase patient referrals to the medical office.
- Facilitate preventive healthcare information (required under certain rules).
- Increase administrative efficiency with customer patient forms.
- Gain new patients without violating HIPPA rules.
- Personalize the patient experience with the practice.
Or call Gerry Reyes at 786-343-1384
#wommedical #wayoutmobile #wommobilemarketing